Java Technical Lead | Java Team Leader – Agile, Java 7, Spring 3, AWS
Working for an established cloud software start-up
£50k – £60k basic + share options + benefits
Great chance for a talented Java Tech Lead or Java Team Leader to join an exciting, established start-up organisation, with over $15m of funding to build-out an awesome suite of eCommerce apps, delivered in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Working in a fast-paced, Agile (Scrum) software development environment, the Java Tech Lead will join a really talented dev team, playing a key role in product design and development.
You will work with the latest engineering methods and technologies, including TDD, Scrum, Continuous Deployment/Continuous Delivery, Java 7, Spring 3 and AWS.
This is a great chance to join a start-up that has proved itself already. The position comes with stock options, making this is a unique opportunity to take on Silicon Valley from the comfort of Bristol.
Why work here?
* Exciting new cloud-product development using the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model
* Chance to work in an Agile (Scrum) development environment, where TDD/Unit Testing is a given
* Company well-funded with aggressive growth plans for 2014/15 – dev team set to double in size
* Brilliant team, bringing together leading industry experts
* Great culture, fresh new offices in central Bristol with excellent working environment and access to the best the city has to offer for food, shopping and entertainment
In order to apply, you will be a talented Java Tech Lead or Java Team Leader, with excellent Java development skills and proven expertise in the development of web-based applications. Ideally, these will include high-volume, high availability online services.
* Experienced in the development of complex web-based applications
* Proven Team and Technical Leadership experience
* Strong skills in Java 6 or Java 7
* Seasoned Agile Development experience using Scrum with TDD/Unit Testing
* Superb communication skills
* Deep experience of the latest Agile Development methodologies / insights into TDD/BDD/ATTD
* Fluency with Servlet Containers (ideally Tomcat)
* In-depth use of Spring frameworks
* Familiarity with MySQL Database (ideally MySQL 5.x)
* Recent development on Linux (ideally Centos, Fedora or RedHat)
* Modern web technologies and frameworks (jQuery, CSS etc.)
* Some exposure to PHP 5 (LAMP) would be beneficial- if you have an alternative language such as Python or Ruby, this is also of interest
Above all, you must be ambitious, hungry to learn and really passionate about software engineering. This company has aggressive growth plans and requires the right people to achieve them.
Role based in central Bristol.
Basic salary: £50k – £60k dependent on experience
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact me at matthewhyatt[at]peoplesource[dot]co[dot]uk with a recent copy of your CV.
If you have time to tell me about your use of SOLID, TDD/BDD and what books, blogs or learning you do as well, then great.
I am actively involved in hiring for Agile software professionals. Please feel free to add me to your LinkedIn Network as a useful way to keep in touch: bit[dot]ly/matthyatt1