Senior C# Developer – Work for one of the best engineering teams in the UK
Hackathons, Coding Katas, BDD, Dev Conferences, Continued Learning
Use of SOLID Principles, ASP.Net MVC, TDD (BDD), Agile, Scrum with Kanban
Based in Basingstoke (home-working available)
C# Developers with ASP.Net MVC required – is this you?
We are in search of talented and passionate C# Developers, with ASP.Net MVC 3/4/5 experience to work for one of the UK’s most exciting cloud software companies. We are particularly interested in developers who apply, demonstrate or have experience of the following:
• Test First development (TDD, BDD, ATDD etc.)
• SOLID design principles
• Continued learning through books, blogs, developer conferences and resources like stackoverflow, codeproject and pluralsight, or any new / exciting methods you can tell us about
• Modern web development in: C#, ASP.Net MVC 3/4/5, use of IoC containers and Agile or LEAN methods (particularly Scrum with Kanban)
The Dev Team
The development team (which operates as an integrated DevOps Engineering function) is made up of some really smart folks. You would get to work alongside developers that really know their stuff; people that you can learn from and with. The team has embraced modern development culture and you can expect the following:
• TDD (BDD), Pair-Programming and use of Scrum with Kanban as an Agile, LEAN development methodology
• Continuous Deployment
• Regular Hackathons to experiment with new technology
• Relaxed dress code and entertainment in break-out areas (Table football, PlayStation, Xbox etc.)
• Support with and promotion of community activity; local & international conferences for developers, agile & lean best practice, cloud and SaaS forums
• An accommodating attitude towards flexible-working
Tech and tools: what will you get your hands on?
• ASP.Net MVC 4/5, Web API
• MySQL, Redis
• AWS, Chef, Jenkins
• NUnit, Specflow, Selenium, Resharper
• Agile methods: TDD (BDD), Scrum with Kanban
Location: Here comes the rub.
The company is based in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
Approx. 10-minute walk from Basingstoke station.
Travel by train to Basingstoke takes:
• From Reading: 25 mins
• From Southampton: 31 mins
• From London Waterloo: 45 mins
• From Oxford: 1 hour
• From Swindon: 1 hour
There is free parking available for those who can commute by car from Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire or London.
If you aren’t close enough to commute, then a home-working option is available, 4 days out of 5.
The Package for C# Developers:
C# Developers can expect a competitive basic salary: guideline £50k-£60k but this is dependent on skills and experience. If your current package is better than this, tell us what you need and we can talk about it. We know exceptional talent costs money.
Benefits: a non-contributory pension (the company puts in without you having to), BUPA, long-term sickness cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact me at matthewhyatt[at]peoplesource[dot]co[dot]uk with a recent copy of your CV.
If you have time to tell me about your use of SOLID, TDD/BDD and what books, blogs or learning you do as well, then great.
I am actively involved in hiring for Agile software professionals. Please feel free to add me to your LinkedIn Network as a useful way to keep in touch: bit[dot]ly/matthyatt1